Do Tom Brady's Blue Light Blocking Glasses Actually Work? Cloos X Brady ReviewOct 14, 2020
Here's my Cloos X Brady Blue Light Blocking Glasses Review using a spectrometer for verification along with some important tips to keep in mind when your are wearing your blue blockers during the day and night.
I really wanted these Brady blue light blockers to work!
And I have to say that these Christopher Cloos X Brady glasses are the best blue light blocking glasses FRAMES that I have ever reviewed or owned. The whole customer service team at Christopher Cloos could not be any nicer or accommodating to me as well.
But do these glasses actually work....do they block the bad blue light that you need to care about?
Tom Brady threw a gigantic interception with these blue blockers. As you'll see with your own eyes in the video below they don't work so well for daytime use and are comlete failures for nighttime use.
Technically, these Cloos X Brady glasses block virtually no blue light at all. They block mostly light in the 380 to 410nm range which is violet light. Violet light is not a major problem with your iphone and tech screens!!
In the video below you'll also learn why blue light blocking glasses with CLEAR lenses are mostly a rip off and you'll see the advice I gave Tom Brady on how he and Christopher Cloos can easily fix these glasses to block the bad blue light you need to worry about inside during the day and at night.
Here are some quick tips for DAYTIME BLUEBLOCKERS
1) Daytime blue blockers should probably never have a "clear" lens because you'll see in the video below how clear lenses dont really work. A good pair of daytime blue blockers should have a tinted amber to yellow lens which is able to block the bad light from tech screens are artificial energy saving LED lights.
2) Never wear your daytime blue blockers outside during the day. The blue light and all other light in the sun is good for you and you need it to operate your body, brain and circadian rhythm properly.
3) Try to take multiple, glasses free sunlight breaks outside during the day. Do not sit inside all day long looking at a computer screen and wearing your blue light glasses. The glasses protect you from temporary heavy use and should not be worn all day long in artificial lighting conditions. Just like it needs real food, your body needs REAL light!
4) If possible, position your work space, desk, computer screen or television so it is near a window with natural light. If you have a laptop, sit so that you are facing the window and the natural light is hitting your eyes. This natural light will "blend" in with the artificial light from the tech screen and lessen the strain or damage.
Tips for NIGHTTIME Blue Blockers....
1) Nighttime blue light blockers are different than daytime blue blockers in that their lenses should be an orange to red color. The orange to red colors block a larger portion of the blue and green light. Except very small amounts from sunlight reflected off the moon or starlight, there is no blue and very little green light at night. Blue and green light do many things to you but one of them is suppress your melatonin. Melatonin signals your body that it is dark out and time for rest and regeneration. If your melatonin is constantly suppressed at night because your eyes are exposed to blue light then your body doesn't get the rest and regeneration it needs and you break down and get disease faster.
PLEASE share this video because it shows you why the vast majority of "clear" blue light blocking glasses do not work and can be dangerous. If you bought a pair of clear lensed blue light blocking glasses, I would 99 out of 100 times suggest you return them.
You can see my top five favorite blue light blocker brands here: https://www.bluelightdiet.com/blog/topfiveblueblockers
The amber clip on lenses used in this video were from here: http://www.bluelightdetox.com/479
The yellow lenses were the "summerGLO" lens from here: http://www.bluelightdetox.com/blublox
The red/orange nighttime lenses were from here: http://www.bluelightdetox.com/ra
You can see the Christopher Cloos X Brady Blue Light glasses here: https://christopher-cloos.com/collections/cloos-blue-light/products/cloos-x-brady-noire-blue-light
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LIGHT & HEALTH?
Sign up below now to get the free Blue Light Diet cheat sheet to light and health.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.